GRANOLA HOME MADE
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup each of pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup vegetable or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Then add oil, mix. Add honey, mix well.
- Spread onto 2 oiled baking sheets
- Bake about 30 minutes, till golden brown, stirring half way through
ALMOND BUTTER BALLS
- 1 cup almond butter (freshly ground from New Seasons or Fred Meyer or Winco)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup each of raisins, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds
- few pieces of Ghiradelli chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients well in a large bowl. Roll into a golf ball sized lump (or smaller)
- Set a plate aside with sesame seeds.
- Roll the ball in the sesame seeds, then place in baking cups
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp each of ground pepper, salt, cumin, cayenne, ancho chili powder
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Mix all ingredients together
- Bake at 375F for 10 minutes approximately.
- Mix 1 1/4 cup almond flour + 1/4 tsp salt + 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Mix 1/2 cup melted butter + 1/2 cup honey + 1 tsp vanilla
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well
- Add 1/4 cup each of pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut and 1/2 cup raisins, walnuts.
- Press down into buttered glass baking dish (rectangular); use water to wet hands when pressing down
- Bake 350F for 20-25 mts, till browned
- Strip kale away from spine.
- Combine 2 tbs olive oil, 1 tsp lemon juice, salt, crushed garlic,
- Chill flakes.
- Mix kale leaves to above mixture and let sit for 10 min.
- Add Parmesan, let sit for 10 more minutes.
- Add toasted bread crumbs.
FARMERS’ MARKET VEGETABLES
- 1/2 medium onion - diced
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 bunch of fresh carrots - cubed/diced
- 2 potatoes - cubed/diced
- 1 bunch of kale - diced stems and leaves (set leaves aside)
- Salt 1 tsp
- Pepper to taste
- In a cast iron pan - add 1 tbs of olive oil, followed by onions.
- Stir fry for 3 minutes, then add garlic and let cook for 2 minutes (do not let it brown)
- Add diced vegetables, salt, pepper
- Cover and let cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring periodically
- When vegetables are almost cooked, add the diced kale leaves and cover again
- After 2 minutes, remove the cover and turn off flame
- Add a splash of balsamic vinegar at the end (optional)